Tyler funnies
I couldn't pass up writing these down, afraid I would forget!
Tyler took another run outside today, and considering I am past feeling like an invalid, running out to get him today was a serious chore on my part. So needless to say I was a little angry with him and the situation. So being 'motherly' I decided it was time to discipline him to see if that would help teach the no running outside concept. Weston who was a conspirator, and who neglected to put shoes on was put in time-out first and then Tyler was strapped into his chair for the same time frame. Tyler cried and cried until at the end of the time-out, when I tried to review what had happened and the lesson I wanted him to learn. Then he stopped to listen and started pointing at my nose, and then his own nose. I couldn't figure out what was going on until he started repeating what I was saying.... 'you have to tell mommy when you go outside so mommy knows where you are'... (Tyler) - 'mommy's nose'... 'Tyler, can you tell mommy before you go outside so mommy will know where you are?' (Tyler) 'mommy's nose'.
When I finally figured it out, and realized the whole thing had been lost on him I started to laugh, so I had to finish quick before I lost my 'authority'! ya - whatever!
For dinner we had jumbalaya, we've had it before and both boys love rice so I thought it was a safe choice. Weston and Tyler helped me make cookies for Family Night, so once dinner was finished we could have Family Night and then just cook the cookies and get to bed at a reasonable time. We are working hard on the rule that if you don't eat your dinner (whatever mommy makes) then you don't get treats or anything else to eat until the next meal. Weston, being older, is catching on when he chooses too. Tyler on the other hand is having a harder time with things, when he's being stubborn and tired which was the case tonight. He refused to eat anything he just wanted to play with his food and utensils (which by the way, why is it that all food and eating utensils turn into heavy artillery?)
Anyway, Tyler didn't eat dinner. We finished, cleaned up, had Family night and then cooked a tray of cookies. Giving Tyler ample time to finish his dinner if he wanted to. The cookies finished, we brought them to the table where Tyler was sitting in front of his dinner. And then the crying started because he wasn't getting a cookie. We went through the 'do you want a cookie?' 'yes' 'then you need to eat your dinner first', and all the others. Tyler wasn't cooperating, so we simplified it 'Tyler, do you want a cookie?' 'yes' 'okay, then your rice needs to be in your tummy first'. With that said, Tyler raised his shirt to show us his tummy, we agreed, yes that is your tummy now put rice in it. So Tyler then picked up a spoonful of rice (we are thinking we finally got through to the kid, or at least the bribery was working) and started trying to 'put' the rice in his tummy. We tried to explain it had to go through the mouth first, but Tyler just kept on trying to put the rice in his tummy by spoon feeding his belly button.
What do you do.... but laugh?