Life in general and abstract
Well,
Life seems to have been fairly boring lately but we did seem to have a few moments that seemed picture worthy! Here they are . . hopefully they will inspire a few chuckles or smiles!
Tyler came out one night (instead of changing into pajamas) with underwear on his head, Weston's underwear besides. Weston thought it was great fun and they ran around for the next while with the underwear on their head. It reminded me a lot of 'Captain Underpants'. We took the pictures for my sisters who were into Captain underpants during their very adult years at college! I will never understand that desire, Weston did the same thing about this age... only I guess he still thinks it's funny!????
Laynie still refuses to roll over for us, apparently she went from sitting to stomach to back for the babysitter. But she is starting to walk. It's a little switch learning to push the walker instead of holding hands, but she seems to be doing great. The trick now is just to keep the walker away from the boys so she can use it!
John didn't shave for about 2 days so I casually asked if he thought he could go without shaving for a week. (wondering about the itching factor). So he did - I liked it! :) Sadly he is clean shaven once again - but since he missed his chance of playing with facial hair growth during college, maybe he'll try it again. After all it's just a week at a time! The boys didn't really notice I don't think.. Laynie spent a lot of time rubbing it, I can't tell if she liked it or not!
I also realized that the kids are growing up and changing in small ways, but still the same in others and I wanted to remember them at this age. I am falling in love with my kids. I don't know why or how, but I just fall more and more in love with them everyday. Yes we still have our power struggles and time outs and good share of tears (sometime my own), but I love my children and am getting to know them better, and that seems to be making all the difference in my life. So here is where they are this week!
Weston
favorite activities lately in no particular order
1. Hotwheels - races, interactive personality play, etc.
2. Legos - he builds the most amazing and detailed/complex spaceships. Even John says 4 year olds are not supposed to be this good!
3. Games - wii games (sadly he is very good at them)
4. Reading/books - he is starting to read and when he has interest is getting better. Otherwise he loves to have books read to him as often as possible.
5. Negotiating - everything can and is negotiated with this kid. Even if there isn't anything to negotiate. And even when he doesn't get what he wants - he still tries!
Food
he is eating at least 3 helpings at every meal.
Loves to help cook (we had to make a pie last night)
he is now getting into sandwhiches... bread, butter and jam. It's a huge step!
Tyler
favorite activities lately in no particular order
1. Swords, playing Peter Pan and Robbin Hood. (He had to bring my vacuum tubes and a shield into the store the other day, so he could be Peter Pan)
2. Fishing. Anything and everything reminds him of water, and that reminds him that he should be fishing. And everything and anything can be used as a fishing pole! I keep hearing him say "I see water", it sounds an awful lot like the line from the movie Sixth sense, "I see dead people". It's weird and funny all at the same time!
3. Legos - he is also becoming very good at building with legos. Obviously not as detailed as Westons, but for a 2 yearold - very good. (he is about as good as some of the 4 year olds that come to play).
3. Horses... He just loves horses, not much else to say there.
4. His sister. They will either be best friends or enemies, she's laughing a lot so my guess is good friends!
5. Being a big kid. He is very compassionate, kind and gentle in many ways. But he still wants to run and romp with Weston (who cares if he's 2 years behind!) He loves to explore, be involved and a experience as much as he can. His pre-school teachers say they want to keep him.. They apparently compare him to the "perfect child". I only wish he acted at home like he apparently does at school!
Food
He loves hotdogs. Why is that - they aren't very good.
Mostly he's on a food strike, but doesn't seem to be suffering from it.
Elayna
favorite activities lately in no particular order
1. Watching people (mostly her brothers)
2. Chewing on paper, books, magazines - anything of that nature
3. Walking. Until now it's been holding hands, but starting to use walker which is a nice break for my back.
4. Being busy. I was always told girls are more calm then boys, you'll see.. Well she is different from the boys, but calm is the wrong word. She is busy, active and very attentive to everything. She is following her brother's well worn path, of always wanting to be involved and doing. Baby proofing will be coming soon - it should be interesting!
Food
Anything and everything she can find and get into her mouth.. Eating on mom or dad's lap is not an option at all!
Well there you have it, a very long email for a mostly inconsequential last few weeks!
Your kids are just so adorable. Love the underwear on the head. Hopefully it's clean underwear :)