Pimellos

Have you ever heard of a Pimello?
Me neither... at least until we found a bag of them at Costco the other week and had to buy them just to see what they were!
They are similar to grapefruit. Bigger - huge in fact! Less tangy. And the pilth or whatever the white stuff is called is similar to cotton candy in texture, but thicker. There is about as much fruit as an actual grapefruit would have or less. But just like grapefruits - our kids love them. I've had a taste and am not necessarily endeared to them - but they are fun!
we just had to share.
The first pimello we cut into, the fruit was a square shape. I should have taken a picture of that - but it was breakfast - and we were running late!
I put the apple in there for size comparison. And yes those are Elayna's little bite marks. She seems to think all fruit is hers and will often be found to have climbed up to the fruit bowl and taking bites out of whatever looks good (I guess). It's halved because we still try to eat the apples, and the only way to mask the bites is to cut the apple in slices for the boys!