Catching Up
Well, we are home and have been for about a week now. A lot has happened in this short week, some of which I wish never did happen!!!
We came home to a house that stunk and after spending a morning trying to find the source of the funky smell - I discovered that all the food in our refrigerator and freezer had molded over because it had been turned off (we are guessing for at least two weeks). After detailing the refrigerator, bleeching it, vacuming it and airing it out. We are still hoping the smell inside the refrigerator/freezer goes away!
We are on our last week of school and the thought of summer break with no driving to or from preschool and no tuition is very exciting. Weston and Tyler are excited about the thought of sleeping in and spending a lot of time outside!
Elayna is turning 11 months (more on that in a later post) and has turned into a little terror. Cute and adorable, but still a terror. We have purchsed a baby gate and will be installing more locks on our cupboards.
Weston got a new bike (also more to come on a future post) and in all of 10 minutes learned to ride it with out training wheels. He is a little short to really be able to stand over it comfortably so the stopping ends up being falling onto a grassy plot. And though he isn't 100% on push starting himself, he has done it and now just needs about 1/2" more to get it without fumbling.
Tyler after seeing Weston go without training wheels is now insisting that he get a turn. So we are going to try Saturday and we'll see what happens then!
We have had so much happen while we were gone that the next few posts try to show the highlights of our time away. I know it is fast, but I wanted to catch up before I was too far behind. The posts wont hold the endless and possibly needless narration but I do have a few pictures so hopefully they will be fun for you.
I'll update with the Bike and Elayna in the next few days. And I may even have pictures! John was able to do a little rewiring and it looks as though he has saved our camera. This is very good news since the DSLR I want is still a few months away, and I'm not sure I would have been able to survive with no camera at all.
What fun pictures, It is so good to see how the kids are growing! I really enjoyed seeing them
I got your blog address off of Brenda's blog. You all seem to be doing well. I put a link on our blog to your blog so that my dad and mom could see your pictures. I can always take it off; let me know if you don't want it on there. Our blog address is: krystleandjoshua.blogspot.com
So, how did the no training wheels go?.. Don't leave us hanging. :) Those are really cute pictures.