Snow Day - AGAIN

You'd think snow days were a good thing. My kids still think they are, but as I explained to someone yesterday it is a completely selfish reason that I don't want snow days..... I just don't want my kids home!  You might think I'm a horrible, selfish soul - BUT - we haven't had a single week uninterrupted by snow days, late starts or early releases since we started back from Christmas break.  It's become excessive and so disruptive to our schedule at home, sleep schedules and not to mention their learning at school.

I got a call at 5:30 this morning with a recording saying school was canceled and a nice little song "do you want to build a snowman" sung with slightly different words by the wonderful and cheery School Person.  I honestly don't know her title. I call her Leslie, or Mrs. Leslie, but she's in charge of everything I think... anyway, I loved the songs new lyrics that went something like this....

Do you want to build a snowman?  Do you want another snow day?  Something, something, something, something, something, something.  Just ask the weather man, okay, goodbye!

So I missed most of the middle, but in all fairness I was mostly asleep. At least until the song ended and then I was awake for the next hour trying to remember or figure out what she had sung in the middle of that little song.

I might have to have her send me the recording - it was really cute. Even at 5:30 in the morning!

So this is our day - and our backyard!  We are told we'll get a good 3-5" today, but it's 12:00, and we've already had another 3" or more, and it's still coming down strong. It's supposed to snow until 6 or 7:00 this evening, so I'm guessing their prediction of 5" is on the low end.  And that's just topping to the already 6"+ that was already frozen everywhere!

Do I want to build a snow man??? NO, I want to make it all go away!  At least we'll have a beautifully green spring to look forward to!


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP