I figured I should blog.....
Since we will be leaving for Hawaii on Thursday, and I know we'll have a load of picture and fun things to report on, I wanted to do a little update before we left.
I'm using this blog as more of a journal or little history of our family, which is why I get a little more descriptive and long. At least that is what I like to tell myself! But in keeping with that, here is our history as of late.
We've been sick - all of us - at least one constantly for the last 2 months. At least it feels that way. We may have had a few days here and there that were cough and sniffle free - but I'm sure we were either infecting or being infected. Needless to say we are all tired of it and ready to be out of our sick infested house for a while. I took Elayna to the Dr. today to see why she was wheezing and just looking so sick and pathetic. Happily it was nothing more than croup - which seems like a nasty little bug to be so inconsequential. I am finally free from my constant tissue to the nose look, a little sick stomach still but nothing to keep me down. Weston and Tyler a few coughs and sniffles here and there, but nothing to keep them in bed either! It is a happy day! Let's just hope John stay's well.
I did make my 2nd ever trip to the chiropractor this week. I've had a hip out and woke up one morning unable to move my upper half. I apparently had two ribs out of place, which is surprisingly painful.. The hip is just out and weird - because apparently I have one leg significantly shorter than the other. Which may mean like an 1/4 inch or so,I don't know, but enough to cause issues, possibly.. Which may be why my pregnancies are so bad????? hmmmmmmmm.
Weston is doing great in school and loving every day of it. His favorite things are sharing day, library day (same day), and riding the bus home! I had gone in to help with his class one day and as the kids were leaving I started walking to the car only to find he wasn't following. I asked him to come and he said "But I'm not getting picked up today". me "Weston I helped in your class today, I'm already here. I'll just take you home." weston "But Mom......".. And yes I had to rush home to beat the bus so I could pick him up at the bus stop.Weston continues to amaze me with how kind and caring he is for others. John was really sick one night, spending most of that night in the bathroom. Weston came in at one point - being sick himself and heard John in the bathroom. And rushed to bring John a "throw-up bowl" so that daddy would be okay.
Tyler. Wow - what do I say about Tyler?????? He is something else lately. He has become very opinionated about life and very expressive. We seem to have more sad moments than we used to with him, but at the same time I find myself laughing at his adorable cuteness more than before too. His favorite game lately is to play dog. He has to eat food on the floor (no hands) and crawl around yapping and barking. Then he talks in a really high pitched comical voice (his doggy voice) to communicate with the rest of us. He is constantly asking to be our dog, where we then have to scratch behind his ears, play fetch with him and talk to him in a high pitch comical voice! Sometimes it works great to have our doggy help clean up.. but lately he just likes to run in circles.
He was rather upset the other day when Elayna would not be his doggy. But he has trained her well as she now also goes around behind him on all fours, panting and yapping and licking! Yes - the Tyler doggy loves to give kisses which are lots of licks across the face and arms! Tyler has the deepest dimples and the prettiest chocolate brown eyes with really long eye lashes... what a little heart breaker!
Tyler still loves anything to do with castles, Armour, swords, shields and bad guys. He has the cutest big eye, rolling back and forth when he "needs to decide" something. And I just laugh at how cute he is! He is also into the stage of showing us all his cool new tricks.. like standing on one foot and doing a turn flip jump kick somersault, etc.. and standing on one foot while waving his arms (which Laynie is mimiking to her great amusement)!
Elayna. I don't even know how to sum her up. She is an absolute ham. She is always on - always entertaining. I'm very curious to see how her personality develops as she gets older. She is constantly making faces (very funny, cute and expressive faces) for no reason only to then laugh at some inside joke and then go on to something else and laugh again. She loves to follow Tyler around and play dog - but forbid anyone make her do anything! She is very independent!! She loves to twirl. John started turning her around one night by one hand and since then she will come up to either of us, grab out finger and start twirling! Even falling from being so dizzy - she just laughs and gets up to twirl some more. It's sooo very cute!
She loves to dance. Any music, beat, rhythm... anything - she'll start stomping her feet, twirling, waving her arms, bobbing her head, blinking her eyes, and more. She is queen of the car dancing too - music does not escape her notice.. ever! And her new favorite thing to do is climb on to everything. Especially the kitchen cupboards and table. She love the phone - and most often has climbed up on the counter to get the phone and then will have great conversations with the random people she's dialed, and the operator who she just laughs and laughs at! With all of that she is rather amazing in she seems to be very aware of what she wants, not only will she try to physically move anyone to get what she wants, or have them get her what she wants. She will come and get us to put her to bed. Most every night, she will decide when she is ready for bed and will try to put her pajamas on, and then bring us in her room to put her in her bed. She is still really good at letting us know when her diapers need changing! I'm just amazed at the strength of her personality!
oh and the funniest thing is that she loves to take showers... Anytime she hears the water she has to be in it. Bath or shower - and in the shower she will push anyone out of the way so she can stand directly under the water. Even on her 2nd or 3rd shower of the day!!! Cute but weird!
I am still waiting for her to grow some hair, it is coming - but very slowly. We now have just enough to have some crazy bed head in the morning and some cute curls in the back.. for as long as it takes for her to rub her head on to something and friz it all up!
I'm still waiting to feel like I have my head above water. I was just called as the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency in our newly split ward, and will be over Enrichment activities and feel very out of my element. John was just called as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency, which also includes Scout master, Deacon's quorum adviser and various other responsibilities I am finding out.. We'll be busy - but hopefully it will be what we need to get a lot more organized than we have been.
I haven't been out with my camera as much as I would like, but I did try one outing which wasn't very successful! My kids wont and don't pose for me when I want them too - and they don't bribe as easily as I would like. I lost my camera manual on our little outing and Tyler almost broke his leg riding his bike down a hill into concrete benches. I almost lost Elayna as we were chasing each other through a little forest and I left before I started screaming, but not before the kids had! But they had fun and want to go back.. I'm just not sure I'm up for it yet! But with all of that - these are some of the picts we got in the 40 degree weather... Obviously I still need a lot of practice and help. But I figure if I never post then I'll never have the motivation to get better! and these are mostly just to show the kids anyway! - and all their lack of posing!
Life is good though. I love my family, even though I find that I feel half crazy most of the time. Hawaii will be a good break - we'll get some posts with some picts (at least I hope we get some pictures!) when we get back.. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Your kids are so cute! The dog thing totally had me cracking up. And those pictures of Laynie have some real potential! Nice job!