It's the thought that counts!



I was meaning to post last week, a general post about my kids and loving them. Weston, Tyler and Elayna were all sick last week. High spiking fevers and throwing up, the whole bit. And I found that during that time I was privileged to have some of the most tender moments with my kids, moments which make being a mom worth it!

Elayna at one point fussed until I picked her up and all she wanted was to dance with me. We danced for a while and then she put her head on my shoulder while we swayed for a while longer. When I stopped she got a little anxious until I started dancing again. It was a cute moment, but I'm sure has lost most of it's sweetness in the delivery here.

I didn't get to post though because just as the kids started getting better I got it from all three of them most likely (and John) and was flat on my back for a good two day's with the worst flu ever. It was so bad I am now considering getting a flu shot next year. And for those of you who know how I feel about needless - that's a major step!

I had a Super Saturday class I was supposed to teach which I missed because I was so sick, and after two days of being only half conscious, Sunday was a day of rest with a slight residual headache. But that night turned into a migraine and I was again flat on my back for two days dealing with that! I have never had a migraine before and would do most anything to avoid going through that again!

John was so sweet. He stayed home from work, took care of the kids, and tried to take care of me by making some chicken noodle soup. But when he added in the purple cabbage, it took a bad turn and the soup didn't have quit the same 'healing' effect we would have hoped for.

I am vertical again, for most of the day. But it will be a while before we are all back to functioning normally. Hopefully it wont take too long before we can get out of the house, I'd love to get out and see the beautiful colors we have thanks to the changing season!

Other news from the home front. We took Tyler in for a speech screening since I have been somewhat concerned with his speech development and clarity since his frenulum was clipped last year. Good news, the speech pathologist says that Tyler is well beyond where he should be not only with speech but in every other way. The screeners kept saying they would not have been surprised if he were going into kindergarten this year.

John and I had parent/teacher conferences today with Weston's teacher and have found that he is doing great, beyond great actually. At worst he is above average, but seems to have already exceeded the requirements for this year.

Man do we have some smart cookies - too bad we don't all fit on the shelves next to keebler and toll house! We do have good kids though and I am very grateful for that. they are smart, but more importantly they are kind and considerate of others. Outside of their occasional moments, they really do show love to everyone and enthusiasm for life. I truly am grateful for my children!

Elayna is an absolute ham. She will rough and tumble with the boys, get knocked over by her brothers and jump head first in again for more. She dances like a maniac with any music. We have some cute video of her twirling, and bobbing, and doing some pretty fancy footwork to random songs. She loves shoes - cute fun and loud shoes.. not the basic browns and blacks that I find so comforting! - she is an absolute sweetheart!

Melissa  – (7:34 PM)  

First of all, I hope you all get better soon. Secondly, what is a frenulum?

Melissa Calder  – (9:27 PM)  

At first I thought the picture of the stuff in the pot related to the flu part of the story, then I realized it was soup. Silly me!
I'm glad you guys are all feeling better :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP