First Night Home

So we survived the first night home with Tyler. It wasn't that bad for me, but I am much better at ignoring than Jenn is. Besides, I'm a little ahead of her on sleep. I'm sure it will be a nap day for everyone though. Tyler got up at about 10:30 for the first feeding (we stayed up for that one), the next time I heard him was at 2:30, which was he next scheduled feeding. I figured I should help and go get him for Jenn. It turns out she was already up and trying to change his diaper and his cloths. (I didn't think babies could sweat that much.) I took care of that and tried to get him to wake up so he would eat well. He seemed to do ok, but didn't really feel like going back to sleep. He finally went down and I took him back to bed. I heard him again between 5:30 and 6:00 which was good time for another feeding. He seemed to struggle with this more and never did go all the way back to sleep until everybody got up this morning. Needless to say, Jenn is fairly tired today. We may send Weston up to the neighbors house to play. That should be a good break for him and us.
Weston seems a little more interested in Tyler this morning an dI think that slowly he will adjust. He has started saying his name, "Ty," or more often "My Ty," I guess he is going to be our little cocktail for a while.

--John

Ward  – (1:14 PM)  

Congratulations! He looks good - and with early arrival maybe we can swing by next week on our whirlwind adventure and see the little tyke.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP