Columbus Ohio
We have finally landed and are starting to feel settled in our new little home. We have been here just under 3 weeks and have had so much happen already. Moving to a new state is really a nuisance!
The boys have been in school 2 1/2 weeks. John and I have church callings Assistant Scout Master and 2nd Counselor Primary presidency, respectfully. After hours of frustration we have Ohio plates - the pretty design!, and Ohio licenses - not as pretty.
John started his Math Camp on Tuesday and seems to be enjoying it. I think he's ready for his real classes to start.
Elayna has been somewhat patient being drug everywhere but hopefully starting next week will be in pre-school 5 mornings a week from 9-11:30. I think we'll all be much happier when that starts! We are just waiting for the paper work to go through since she is doing this on the school districts dime due to her speech delay.
John made the boys' bunk beds from designs off the web. We painted their room and have our house mostly set up except for the fine tuning that comes after living in a place longer than a month!
And best news of all.. I think I found the grocery stores I like! Whole foods and Meijer - though I'm still up for changing those. But I did find the best Asian food market that has everything I could ever want for thai, chinese or other asian cooking. They even have fresh (swimming) fish to choose from! And we found a great Mediterranean grocer with all that fun stuff! I'm more excited about finding the Asian food store than I am to have a target within 5 min. Which we do have along with any and every other store I could think of.
Columbus is so much bigger than we thought it would be, and we haven't even ventured out of our little neighbor hood area yet to see the down town and eastern side of columbus. It's just huge!
Well this is our little house. It's small and we've downsized since un-packing. But I think we'll like it. The kids have a great set of friends in the neighbors on the street, and we look forward to meeting more than just the two sets next door.
The house
The garage
The backyard
The shed - with all the garage stuff, except our car since it wont fit through the gate or through the garage door!
From the front door looking right at the front room
Other side of the front room area
From the front door looking straight in at the dinning area (kitchen to the right)
Notice our little door with shelves on it (behind Tyler) - there is a storage nook behind the door we are using for our pantry/storage area.
From our little storage nook door - looking left down the hallway.
Notice all our little wall storage - convenient and helpful.
walking down the hallway - first door on the right - Bathroom. Yup that's it, but we do have more wall storage behind the open door.
Next room on the left is the boys room - previously red. Now yellow and surprisingly coordinated!
Across from the boys room - our room. Not much of a Master room, but it works. And hopefully one day will be a different color! Sadly it looks better in the picture than in real life! It's more of a vomit/peachy color. We've been told it looked better in the can.
Next (across from the bathroom) Elayna's room. Sorry for the angled picts. It was the best way to get more info in the shots, without the door frames!
I'm wanting to put some netting over her bed and add some bows to her flowers frames or something, but that's going to have to wait!
Back down the hall and looking from the dining room this is the Kitchen - all of it!
oh - well here's the other side, but not much to it.
The downstairs.. (stairs come from the kitchen) There is a large storage area and a play area - well it was something with a bar, but we've put toys down there and the kids are enjoying the space for their toys.
Back to the storage area..
The rest of my kitchen is stored in the white cupboards. And the rest of our life in the boxes on the shelves towards the back.
Looking back towards the stairs, you can see my boxes being saved for our next move. The "2nd" bathroom and the laundry room beyond that.
Where is the bathroom you ask???
Close ups of the details - don't worry it's only used in dire emergency!
Toilet room
The shower - and detail at how they used the architecture to allow for the shower.
Well there it is! You can all now enjoy your homes which are much larger and much newer! I think after we get rid of a few more things and put up a few more things to decorate a little more, it will feel a lot more homey and a lot more 'ours'.


























I love your house!!! I would buy it..so cute!
I didn't know you guys were moving yet again!! Congrats :D
Jenn, I love the flamingo shower curtain! I'm glad to see you all made it and are adjusting and destressing. Your bookshelf looks great. Glad you kept that!! Good-luck with the rest of settling.
Your place looks great (minus the downstairs plumbing)! And your family pictures are darling. My favorite is the one with the three kids, too, but they are all really cute!
So glad to get all the updates!!! I love the house, too.... hope I get to come see it in person some time.
-Aja