Boys
We finally got Swiss Family Robinson from Netflix, John had put it on the list forever ago thinking the boys would love it. Frankly I don't think much of the movie I'm more of a James Bond gal but John sold the movie to the boys with talk of pirates and coconut bombs.
Apparently the movie is for boys... and the coconut bombs were a favorite. We watched the movie twice, back to back the day we got it - well the boys did. Of course John being home with strep made it more convenient since we could start watching at 3:00 instead of 6:00.
Anyway, the reason for the post is Tyler. While watching the movie I was snuggling with Tyler and since his birthday was the next day I was feeling more grateful for him and pulled him in for a big hug and said "You're my big boy, I sure love you" to which the following ensued.....
Tyler: No I'm not
Mom: yes you are, you're my boy
Tyler: No! I'm not! I'm not your boy I'm daddies boy
Mom: You're my boy too
Tyler: No I'm not. When daddy talks to me he always says 'you're my boy'. I'm daddies boy
- You have to get your own boy, like Weston
(Elayna walked by as Tyler jumped off the couch) Never mind you have a girl.
I'm still laughing over that one!
Today was Tyler (4) and John's (30) birthday and it was a success by all measures though I am feeling a little too tired to post about it now. In short, Tyler got what he 'knew' he was getting even though he had no clue he would get it, talk about faith of a child.. he did get his own DS, blue even, which is his favorite color! Weston has struggled a little with Tyler getting the new and shiny toys, gratefully Tyler has been great at sharing. Those two boys really do love each other, and it has been so great to see them play with each other and enjoy it. And now that Tyler officially can ride his bike (he learned how to start all by himself today), I'm sure great adventures are on their way!
John was surprised - finally - by his present. I hope it's a present that he will love and actually use which hasn't always been the case. I got him a mountain bike which he has been coveting for a while now. It's even orange which is just fun. I tried to get him a lime green helmet so he could ride around looking like a pumpkin but no such luck!
Grandma Liz and Grandpa Steve were here and it's just been great.. So once I get a minute I'll get some picts posted.
That is HILARIOUS about you not needing a boy because you have a girl. Kids are so funny!