4 year olds

For journaling and pure entertainment here are a few conversations I've had with Weston lately! :)

(Driving back from dropping Tyler off at pre-school, running errands and listening to music in the car)

Weston: what song is that
me: let me check..... A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes... from the movie Pinnochio (obviously I don't know my Disney)

Weston: Why?
Me: I don't know it just is
Weston: It sounds like Cinderella
me: Well it's from Pinocchio
Weston: Why does it sound like Cinderella
me: maybe it's just the same person singing the song

Weston: no, it's Cinderella
me: no it's not, it's Pinocchio
weston: Why
me: (feeling frustrated) I don't know weston, it just is.

- listening to the song and starting to recognize the melody and then realizing - yes it is from Cinderella.

me: oh weston, mommy was wrong this is from Cinderella.
weston: pause..... I knew I was right. I'm always right. (very proud of himself)!


-----
me: Weston please pick up the cars and get them all back in the bucket before you come down.
weston: but I don't want to pick them up
me: you need to, pick them up unless you want them to go in time-out
weston: but mom
me: tyler you help to since you both played with them
Weston: I don't want to pick them up
me: Weston you played with them so you need to pick them up
weston: How did you know that? (complete wonder!!!)

-----

me: weston go flush the toilet
weston: why?
me: you just went to the bathroom
weston: (complete wonder) How did you know that?

-----

me: Weston come downstairs and eat please........Weston you need to come down stairs....come on weston
weston: (finally coming downstairs) How did you know I was upstairs???

-------------------

mommy: Weston you need to pick up your room and make sure you take everything out from under your bed.
weston: there isn't anything under my bed
me: well you have your clothes under Tyler's bed, make sure you look under both beds.
weston: (in complete wonder) 'How did you know that?'
me: I'm the mommy and I know - everything -!!!!!


I am loving this age. I laugh all the time!!

Melissa  – (3:56 PM)  

That is so hilarious! Kids are amazed that their moms seem to know everything. I was totally laughing at your conversations!

Anonymous –   – (1:47 PM)  

Melissa recommended I read your blog, which I hadn't done for a while. I loved the conversations and remember being a kid myself and wondering how my mom knew what I was doing in another room. Or how she knew, one day when we got our room cleaned very fast so we could go out and play, that we had just shoved all the things under the bed. Do you think the beadspread pulled down to floor level gave her a clue?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP