New Years
New Years was a lot more fun than we would have planned, which was nice! New Year's Eve we got together with friends and ate a bunch of yummy foods that aren't really good for you (especially in the quantities we ate), played Dance Dance Revolution and put off and entire bag of loud fireworks, then ended with a few boxes of sparklers for the kids. Though they did enjoyed the loud ones too - the four kids just lined up on the sidewalk and kept jumping up and down during each firework that would go off. Then went back in for hot chocolate because it was so cold outside! At least for the two mom's who just stood still holding the babies!!
We stayed up a lot later than we planned but got to bed by about 11:00. The next morning we slept in - well everyone but me and Elayna - So I watched a movie until Weston came and wanted to watch his own. When the rest of the men got up they got on the computer to take care of their new pets, and I watched the rest of my movie. We ate a very late breakfast which meant lunch wasn't finished until about 2:30 when we started planning our day. And about 2:40 decided to go see the movie Enchanted which had it's final showing at 3:05. We rushed to get into the car (since it is a 20 min drive to the theater) and made it inside to sit down within the minute that the previews started.
As we were pulling into the theater I started coaching the boys on movie theater etiquette with the normal... this is just like watching a movie at home except you can't talk during it. You can't ask questions during the movie, you don't get up and walk around, you just sit and watch the movie..... (I didn't want to have anyone mad at us for being too loud or distracting). And as I emphasized again the ' you can't ask questions through the movie' Weston said "but, but I don't know how to do that". John and I just laughed 1. because he was so honest 2. because he really can't not ask questions about everything 3. I don't think he's ever not talked for more than maybe a 5 minute period. I used to be worried about his speech since he didn't start really talking until he was about 2 1/2, but I only worry now that he wont ever stop! :) He is so inquisitive about everything, and when he's not curious - he's the tour director! It's been fun!
This was a real treat since we never go to the movies, in fact I don't think Tyler has ever been and Weston was about 5 months old when he went! So not only did we go to the movies, but we got popcorn and soda pop. Elayna was intrigued until she fell asleep, Tyler loved being cuddled and I think enjoyed the movie - Weston, well I'm not sure. He kept telling me that it wasn't his favorite movie and that he didn't love that movie and he wanted to go home, but at the end when a dragon is involved he seemed rather interested. But then said he didn't like the movie because of the dragon! personally I think he didn't like the movie because a girl kept breaking into song and it was a romantic spiff... Weston is more into trains, plains and automobiles! Rockets and spaceships are great too!
But we had a lot of fun as a family, and were glad that there was something to do inside since it was so cold outside!